Friday, January 8, 2010

Coming Home




After 20 years, I have made a move back to my home state of Missouri. Of course my timing is impeccable as I have chosen the coldest winter in 10 years to come home! My friends in California wonder what I was thinking too since it's been in the 70's and 80's there the last couple of weeks. But I'm home and getting settled in. I love being closer to my "Best Friend" and business partner in crime and her children and husband. They have been such a blessing to be with. She and her family opened up their home to me until I found a place of my own to stay. Which was a huge sacrifice for them especially since I came with all my sewing equipment! I think they are still finding pieces of felt and thread all over their home.  I also love being closer to my brother and his family. I'm finally having an opportunity to be part of my 4 nieces' and 1 nephew's lives on a more regular basis which has been a blast. (I've been rock climbing and ice skating and for a 45 year old, it's been a bit painful but so much fun!) And I'm getting to spend time with my sister-in-law and her mom too.

Of course I miss my "family" in California. All of them will always have a HUGE place in my heart. And heck, I couldn't have a better place to go visit when I want to escape the 13 degree weather we are having in STL!

Mary Ann
BestFriendsStudios

No comments:

Post a Comment