Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Glass-Lampwork Dog Beads




I'm addicted to Etsy. I admit it. I may even have to go to rehab to break my daily fix of Etsy. But oh...there are so many talented artists there and the goodies they offer make you want to say "NO" to mass-produced knock-offs. While digging around for doggie-inspired items the other day I came across this artist, Suzoom. She (I think it's a she...they are so mysterious over there at Etsy) creates these amazingly detailed glass beads using Italian glass and a mini cc torch. I think I'd go blind doing what she does, but she does it so well I just hope she doesn't stop because of any potential eye problems! And I just discovered she is a fellow Missourian...Springfield to be exact! What a small world.

The Pugnacious Pug shown above can be found in her Etsy shop. You can also find a Grey Burmese Cat, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and even a beautiful mutt named Blackie. She also makes other curious creatures like the Briar Bunny Rabbit and the oh so adorable Frog with Blue Bumps! Pay her a visit, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment