Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Doggy Valentine's Day



I'm feeling a little sad tonight. For the past eight or nine years, my kids and I have spent the night before their elementary school Valentine's Day party frantically putting the final touches on our homemade cards. But this is my daughter's last year at the elementary school, which means no more holiday parties and no more class valentines.

We've created our own valentines all but one year when I decided the heck with all this chaos the night before and instead let the kids purchase the typical commercial packs that you find at places like Wal-Mart and Target. But the cards were made so cheaply that I could never bring myself to buy them again. Through the years we've made butterflies with candy sticks, Smarties rockets, lollipop flowers and Valentine mice (FamilyFun has a ton of creative ideas). Since starting Best Friends Studios, I've steered the kids toward doggy-theme valentines that showcase photos of either Jasmine or Scamp. So for our last big batch of valentines, Elena took a cute photo of Scamp for her card. Happy Valentine's Day...spread a little love this weekend! Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment