Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Story of the Little White Dog



As most of you know, my father was killed in a car accident right before Christmas this past year. Shortly after that devastating news, I was informed that one of my pillows was going to air on a segment of the Rachael Ray Show on New Year's Eve. Needless to say, December was a roller coaster ride of emotions. I bring this all up once again to explain my neglectful blogging habits and our lack of regular newsletters. It's been a rough start to this New Year...being extremely busy filling orders and at the same time grieving the loss of my father. And because I lost my mother when I was 21, I was also feeling somewhat orphaned. Which is just self-pity since I'm 44 and quite old enough not to need parents (we always need them though, don't we?)

And about now you are probably wondering where the little white dog comes in. About 3 months ago, I went out to my garage to gather up shipping supplies and when I turned around there sat a shivering, wet, and heavily matted little white dog. He looked up at me with sheer terror in his eyes. I gathered him up, wrapped him in an old shirt of mine then called the number on his tag...the phone had been disconnected. So after a visit to the groomers (they had to shave off all his hair because it was so bad,) I took him to the vet for an apparent ear infection and while there checked for a micro chip...no luck finding the owner that way either. I brought him home and just knew I couldn't take him to the pound, but with everything going on in my life as well as our other dog wanting nothing to do with the little fella, I just didn't think I could add him to my family. But as we all know, a furry little face that's connected to 4 legs is probably the best medicine a sad and tired heart can have. I've fallen head over heels in love with this little man! I know that his expressive eyes and loveable nature are just what the doctor ordered! He showed up just when I needed him most.

No comments:

Post a Comment