Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fur Busters




I adore our cat and dog, but sometimes the amount of fur that they shed all over the house makes me crazy. Recently, I foolishly fell in love with and purchased a dark chocolate-colored rug from West Elm for our family room. Not the best choice when you have a yellow, almost white, labrador retriever in the house. But the rug was perfect so I reconciled myself to dragging out the big vacuum on a daily basis.

Of course, this soon become the chore from hell so this past weekend my 12-year-old son Alex and I headed to Target to purchase a lighter-weight vacuum, my thought being that I would turn over the fur busting to my capable children. After surveying the array of electric brooms, we settled on the Eureka Electrolux Ergorapido 2-in-1 Sweeper, not the cheapest model by any means, but it looked like it would stand up to frequent usage.

With its rechargeable battery, this 5-lb powerhouse has traveled all over our house, sucking up fur under chairs, in corners...you name it. And the best thing about it? My son loves it and has been vacuuming up fur every day, without being told. Now that's money well spent! Ellen
BestFriendsStudios

No comments:

Post a Comment